Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is a good news magazine for my 7th grader?

He is a smart kid and loves the news. He wants a magazine that works for him like US News and World Report. He already has National Geographic Kids.What is a good news magazine for my 7th grader?
Try Scholastic News. I'm not sure how to get a hold of hard copies. I know teachers can, but this was what I always read in 7th grade, and it often brought my attention to world issues I never knew existed (but not in a scary, graphic way, as some world issues are.)



They do have a Web site:



http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/schola鈥?/a>
He is welcome to subscribe to my international news list, World View News Service. There are never any gory pictures. It's free of charge.



Today's headlines



Clothing see-thru scanners in US airports



Russian Bombers Return to Cuba



Oil Deals in Iraq %26amp; Afghanistan



Salman Rushdie's fatwa against freedom of expression



Turning the Tables on the Israel-Firsters

What is a good news magazine for my 7th grader?
Time or Newsweek both have a wide range of articles. He might skip over the hard-news stuff, but he'll get a little exposure to it along the way. And maybe he'll start reading it more often.



My parents had a subscription to Newsweek for as long as I can remember, and I've been a subscriber for years on my own.What is a good news magazine for my 7th grader?
The "New American" would be the best news magazine which is not bias like US News and World Report are.



Try the New American.

No comments:

Post a Comment