Thursday, January 26, 2012

Would a Smart 6-Year-Old Girl Like Any of These Magazines?

I came up with the idea of getting my goddaughter two magazine subscriptions for her upcoming 6th birthday, and her mom agreed that this is a great idea. (She LOVES to get mail!) I've decided on "National Geographic Kids" for sure, but I'm looking for something else that would be a good contrast to that.



After doing a little research, I've narrowed it down to "Ask," "Jack and Jill," or "Spider." What do you think about those magazines? Do your kids and/or students like them? Are there other good suggestions out there? She's exceptionally smart for an almost 6-year-old, so I don't want to give her anything that'll bore her or is too "babyish."



Thanks for all of your help!Would a Smart 6-Year-Old Girl Like Any of These Magazines?
My kids liked Ask and Spider at 6. Go for it. If you're trying to chose one, maybe go with Spider for some fiction to contrast with the National Geographic Kids. If she's more into nonfiction, Ask is a terrific choice.
there is this one magazine..i think its highlighter. i use to love those when i was around that ageWould a Smart 6-Year-Old Girl Like Any of These Magazines?
Yes I think they do like them. My friend is 6 and she LOVES those thingsWould a Smart 6-Year-Old Girl Like Any of These Magazines?
Yes she should.
The subscriptions I use in my class are exactly what you have picked out. I think the kids enjoy them thoroughly. Ask is a great science and art mag - great articles probably more at a 2nd/3rd grade level and National Geographic Kids is just super fun!
Chickedee and Ask are both good magazines; so is Spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment