Thursday, January 26, 2012

Do you believe in the teaching that watching too much video makes the brain inactive?

Everywhere you go nowadays seems that there are parents that said they had banned or restrict their children from watching television. Even some of my friends does not allow their kids to watch tv at all!



Most of the reason is that they believe in the teaching that so and so doctor said that your brain will be LAZY or inactive or some sort.



I watched TV most of the time and i learned ALOT from TV especially Discovery or National Geographic .



The argument is if my brain becomes LAZY, why am i absorbing so many useful information from television?



So watching EDUCATIONAL DVDs such as How to learn your ABC or Homeschool DVDs are OK but besides that it just makes your brain LAZY?Do you believe in the teaching that watching too much video makes the brain inactive?
Everything in moderation. That rings true for everything in life. A little tv won't hurt. Make sure they also read, color books, play outside, build things, etc.



They'll be fine as long as they don't sit and "zone" for hours at a time.
Yes, I think to much TV is harmful. Do you ever watch children when they are plugged in? It's kind of shocking. We restrict our children too.Do you believe in the teaching that watching too much video makes the brain inactive?
Your brain is already developed. The brain of a child needs more than cartoons and videos 24 hours a day. Some TV and some activity is better than all TV. I have to nephews that spend most of their days in front of the TV. You can't understand anything either one of them say. The oldest has been put in resource classes at school and labeled retarded. Even though the Dr said he was behind but could be caught up with help. But still he's in front of the TV. All because of lazy parenting.Do you believe in the teaching that watching too much video makes the brain inactive?
Children love to watch and that's how they learn. I was young when Sesame Street first appeared on Australian television. It was stupid AND because of that I learned a lot.



Children these days are too sheltered. I chopped down trees, blew up frog holes, got kicked by a horse for pulling its tail to see what would happen and hitch-hiked and got picked up by a weird dude. Some of these things I wouldn't recommend but I survived, got top 2% at school, got my degree and now I'm successful.



And I watched some pretty mindless stuff on TV while I was at all that. Now I have learned to discern mindless rubbish from the worthwhile.



Just supervise it and I suppose keep them away from really violent and nasty stuff (like Everyone loves Raymond repeats). They'll be fine!
  • living nature
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment