Saturday, February 4, 2012

8th grade transition explanation?

so basically im the typical 9th grader right now at high school. I look back and i was a normal kid, playing call of duty on ps3, playing tennis, and getting a couple b's and a's in school. I was the lucky-go-happy type of guy. But starting from 8th grade, my pursuit of knowledge just took off. I engaged myself in black holes, darwinism, descartes, galileo, french revolution, ww2, nuclear wars, genes, paramecium,artifical intelligence, gamma ray bursts, space and time fabric, mass extinctions, infinite dimensions, time traveling through warping space and time(through einstein's theories), medieval ages, rome, ancient china, egypt, newton, globalization, politics, health care reforms in U.S. under Obama(anybody know David Lazarus from LA times newspaper?), foreclosures, economy and stocks.I would grab and look for any TIMES magazines or newspaper i could read(especially the business section). I swear, i've seen like every single episode on every series on history channel and national geographic on tv. I mean like knowing and searching for these answers and information literally FELT GOOD. I know like some u guys go like "ewww geek" but no. I was a normal guy in 8th grade with hanging out with some girls. but during the middle of the school year, i just devoted and indulged myself in knowledge. i dont know why. it just felt good to KNOW. Can someone explain wat the hell happened to me? lol...



(p.s. favorite quote: "I think, therefore i am.)







Descartes ftw.8th grade transition explanation?
The answer to your question is that you began to mature. Intelligent adults enjoy life in many different areas. They can "party down" one evening, and watch the History Channel and read Descartes the next, and be equally happy both times. People who respond "Eeeeewww, GEEK!" are themselves immature, and you will spend part of your life wishing that some of them would catch up with you. Some will, but others simply never will, and you will have to leave them behind. But it will be small loss. Being able to enjoy the wonders of science, history, literature, and politics makes you intellectually rich, so relax and enjoy it. (And, by the way, as you move forward in life and get involved with others who have matured intellectually, you'll have plenty of rewarding friendships.)

No comments:

Post a Comment