Saturday, February 4, 2012

What should I major in?

I'm currently majoring in physics and having a hard time with the math-- I GET the theory, but can't seem to get the equations to work out. Anyways, I haven't declared a major yet, and have until December to do so. Read my description of me on my facebook profile, and tell me what your first thought in your head is for what I should major in!!!

I'm a sophomore at a University. I'm pretty sure I want to write for National Geographic, but I also want to be a high school teacher, the chemist who discovers a cure for cancer and a vaccine for HIV, a member of our first interplanetary astrophysics team, a truck driver, a mother, and the President of the USA. I'll let you know when i have it all worked out: that might not be for a decade or so!

I go up the steps two at a time; I walk fast, but run slow; I like English and History because there are no right answers, I like Math and Science because there are right answers; I get lost in order to find my way around; I am registered independent; I love my Teva flip flops; I am obsessed with Ocean's Eleven; I spew random movie quotes; I read Harry Potter so much that I don't need to turn the page to finish the sentence; I sing RENT at inappropriate times; I miss my Sunday School girls, and Peaches and Jeremy too; when my sister calls me, the ringtone is "Sisters? We're close"; I could be a fruititarian; I dress down or dress up...for me there is no in-between; I am not anti-social, but neither am I for it; I never wear normal bras; I haven't ever drank; I used to be that kid who sat alone in the cafeteria, and now I am that kid who sits with that kid; I'm an excellent racewalker; I will occasionally substitute the word "Phyllis" for the number seven; I am physically incapable of lying, as my body gives it away pretty clearly; I was born in the year of the dragon; I am the queen of the awkward moments; I sometimes eat a lot, and sometimes don't; I love to run in the rain; running is my anti-drug; I don't like movies without plots; I love to go to amusement parks; my puppy is my significant other; I could out-eat anyone in a gusher eating contest; I love roller coasters-the bigger the better; I want to be an actress when I grow up; I never want to grow up; I love to learn, but hate the homework; I miss my cousins very much and wish that we could see each other much more often; I have a thing for nerdy/geeky/smart guys with glasses (Dr. Daniel Jackson, Harry Potter, and Danny Messer are three of my favorite fictional characters); I am not a fan of professional sports; I have been to Greece, Italy, France, Switzerland, Vatican City, and Germany; I was third in my high school class, first in my middle school class; though not actually related to any of them, Sky Lakers are my family, especially the music camp class of Oh-Phyllis!; I traveled across America in a 1996 Ford Taurus station wagon with all six members of my family inside; I have two dogs, a cat, and two rats at my home; I write poetry in my blog... just for the heck of it; I love Domino's Pizza; my eyes are bigger than my stomach; I read for fun... my mother never took the tv away, but she has banned me from reading; I am almost never early; I believe that smoking in all public places should be illegal, and that violators should go to jail... And so much more!What should I major in?
tldr, but you definitely need to focus your spectrum of work, just focus on one thing at a time and then if you feel you want to, move onto the next.



take an aptitude test online, i found it to be somewhat helpful when i was deciding my major, although do not take it as YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT THE TEST TELLS YOU, because it only represents the large sectors, ie; business, teaching, medical, etc and leaves out a lot of the smaller, more specific jobs. It gives you an idea at least though.



goodluckWhat should I major in?
You should major in Psychology. Different aspects of psychology require specific answers - others do not. You seem to be very interested in how different things react and connect with one another.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment