Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Am I joining a cult?

It appears that from reading some of the answers on here that if I don't belong to an organization that raises and waves their hands while singing to god, and falls on the floor flopping around like fish after being "slain in the spirit" I belong to a cult. I just got an invitation to join the National Geographic Society...should I be leary? Plus I have friends whos kids are in Boyscouts, and even Brownies. Heck, my mom belongs to AARP...what should I do?Am I joining a cult?
OMG the AARP, run!!! Well Jog, their retired they don't go that fast. Be especially leary of the Girls and Boyscouts.

What to you think are in those cookies? Have you ever hallucinated from a thin mint? Thats probably why there have been so many boyscouts lost in the woods in recent years. They are probably going to feed you to the Nat. geo. society.

Just avoid them at all cost!!! Don't forget about that Geiko, gecko either. He's the devil in disguise!
...DunnoAm I joining a cult?
Join the National Geographic Society.Am I joining a cult?
always be leary and question authority
look out for your self so that they do not kill you!
What does your heart say? (I'd say join the National Geographic Society)
It doesn't matter what other people think it only matters what is important to you. You can't lead your life living to please other people you only need to please yourself. Do what works for you. Do what makes you happy and what you feel will work in your best interest. Too many times people try being in other people's shoes when they should live for themselves.
I am not sure...you seem to enjoy this forum,however there are other catagories that you may wish to differ to.



Keep in mind,however,that the other forums are cults.
I don't really see the satire in your question but I will however try to answer it. Usually a cult is a word used by Christians to define a group of people who teach things contrary to the Bible. There are some Christian denominations who fall under this definition. If you are not wanting to be a Pentecostal or Primitive Baptist then by all means, don't be one.



May the Lord richly bless you.
Religion is a pyramid scheme that is reaped by those with smarmy tongues. Beware of it.
Join a fraternity, you'll get more out of it than many other organizaions.
Yes Head for the hills! They are a evil cult that will take all your money and teach you to worship animals.

Tell your friend to get his child out of Boyscouts before he is molested by a ScoutMaster. Brownies are OK cause girls like the fairy tale. AARP is good.
If the teaching doesn't go against the Bible, it should be ok.
Abandon hope of righteousness and join the secret cult of ecstatic insight that is the National Geographic Society!
Hi. Happy Sabbath.



LOL!!! Thanx 4 making me laugh 2day.



Take care.
Well, if someone falls on the floor and flops like a fish...I'd question if that was The Holy Spirit or not. The Holy Spirit is not going to have you knocking out the Ushers or rolling around under the pew...



With that being said, I don't think you should join ANYTHING without going to some of the meetings first. No matter how they try to get you to join, just say I'm just visiting. You need to see the good, the bad, and the ugly. Once you have more info, you'll be able to make a good decision. Hope this helps!!!
JOIN NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY, BE A BOYSCOUT, ETC - AND YOU CAN BE A GOOD MUSLIM. PROPHET MUHAMMAD S.A.W SAID "SEEK EDUCATION FROM ANYWHERE" - IT IS COMPULSORY FOR A MUSLIM TO EDUCATE HIMSELF. READ THE QUORAN YOURSELF AND DECIDE.
I can't see where you are coming from.

A cult---interesting.

Flopping around on the floor---time to go now.

Laughing estatically---time to go now.

Speaking in tongues in public---time to go now.

I have been in churches who did these things.

I found a Baptist Church that is sort of conservative.

Perhaps a little too much for me.

But I have stayed there.

I read the Bible a lot. Mostly New Testament.



I by the way speak in tongues.

I don't feel that the gift is to be used in a church where presumably the people there are believers.

For it is written:

1 Cor 14:22 So then tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe, but to unbelievers; but prophecy is for a sign, not to unbelievers, but to those who believe.
Thank God. How you do that is between himand you presently.
Church of any kind is a cult:



They do all of things any cult does:

Like brainwashing

false Promising

Holding back things you desire for sake of control over your mind.



And that great judgemental sence that you will be shuned if you dont belong.
You should kill yourself. this is the modern day democrap. full of hate for Christains while the terrorists chop heads. Luckily for democraps, their heads are empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment