Saturday, February 4, 2012

Would being an anthropology or archaeology major with a journalism minor lend myself to more job opportunities?

I'm in high school and really want to go into anthropology or archaeology, but know that job opportunities in those fields are very slim. I was therefore wondering if pairing it with a journalism minor would be beneficial. A lot of magazines (Smithsonian, National Geographic, etc.) require anthropologists/archaeologists, and I know I'm a good writer and would enjoy a writing-based career. My first career choice would be living with a rural tribe or digging up cities, but those jobs are very limited.



Also, which would be a more beneficial major: archaeology or anthropology? If I were an anthropology major would I still be able to work at dig sites?



Having a career with little "home" time and poor relationship scenarios is fine with me. I don't want kids and don't want to get married, considering that I prefer dead people to live ones. =PWould being an anthropology or archaeology major with a journalism minor lend myself to more job opportunities?
Cool, I wanted to be an archaeologist one time ago, I'm taking a university course in anthro and lets say my phd professor is being squeezed. People who went to community college make more than him, so it is not a career for money.



Secondly, anthroplogy is changing, people don't want to spend thousands of dollars sending away anthropolgist for a year or 2 years anymore. Its more like they will send you away for 2 week or a month 3 times a year.



Anthropologist will study the culture, where as archaeologist are more focused on discovering lost or dead civilizations. So an anthropologist will go to botswana and study the kung san by interacting with them where as an archaeologist will go dig up bones in botswanaWould being an anthropology or archaeology major with a journalism minor lend myself to more job opportunities?
In today's economy? I don't know about that.Would being an anthropology or archaeology major with a journalism minor lend myself to more job opportunities?
For a general course of education, it is acctually well thought out but I suspect in the major It might side track you from the buisness world for awhile but there is a lot of psycology involved with the field and yeah if you got the time I would think it would be an excellent building block for Modern buisness.In the either or it is still alot of DU.. in senerio. Something from nothing is what you will be an expert at, no sarcasm intended, three generations would be a joke in the field.speaks for itself, the tools of the trade are deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment