Saturday, February 4, 2012

Magazine for teens?

Alrighty. I go to france once a year and since I am fluent in french I can read all the magazines. There, they have kid magazines on everything ranging from animals to books. They have magazines that are actually just books and then cartoons and games.

In america, we don't have anything like that. We have seventeen, teen vogue, and all those other magazines that are only about what people think teens like-- fasion, boys, clothes, etc.

That stuff bores me to death. I'm interested in it of course, but I'd rather read magazines for my age with educational stuff but not to educational (if they have info they also have comics and games) or books and stories and stuff. I've tried everything and I doubt there is anything left-- American Girl (too babyish), national geographic, etc.Magazine for teens?
seventeen
Well, what I've learned about magazines is that, even though it's geared towards your age group it doesn't mean that you have to read it.



There are plenty of good literature magazines, I can't think of any at the moment, but most should be suitable for a teen reader and these are also separated somewhat by genre. I know there are horror and sci-fi ones. (I'm mostly thinking of the ones that contain short stories and maybe the poetry magazines.)



Also, you could pick up a hobby. There are tons of great hobby magazines, some with interesting articles and that explain new or unusual techniques. Like knitting, photography, ceramics, woodworking, computers, or whatever you could be interested in.



Sadly, I can't think of magazines that have like games and comics and things in them, except Disney Adventures magazine, which I think would be a little young for you. But you could certainly check it out, I think they still have it in the checkout aisle of alot of grocery stores. And there was a publication called illustrations, I think, But I have no idea if that's being published anymore, or it might have been illuminations. My dentist has copies of it in his waiting room.



Anyway, I mostly suggest looking through the magazine section of your local bookstore, trying to find a section you might be interested in and looking through the magazines in that section.Magazine for teens?
My favorite magazine is GL {Girl's Life}, but it too has a lot of stuff on boys, fashion and stuff like that. But, it is more tastefully written then say, Seventeen, and it might have some articles for you. Discovery Girls is another one, but it is kind of like American Girl, too babyish. Or you could try Six 7 8th, but it probably has the same problem as GL does, too much stuff one fashion and boys etc,. I know there are lots of good magazines out there that would be more your speed, but I can't think of one right now.

I wish I could have helped you more!

Good Luck!Magazine for teens?
DEAR MISS



HOW ABOUT



TEEN PEOPLE OK



GOOD LUCK PEACE AND



TAKE CARE
well seventeen is a pretty good magazine great advice and stuff
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment